Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

"Journey" 12 x12 Layout!

Hey Everyone! Happy FRIDAY!!! I'm so glad the week is over. Now, I can look forward to relaxing, spending time with the kids and crafting, of course! There are a few more projects I want to complete before Thanksgiving. I need to make some table runners for my side tables and I think a banner would be nice to do also. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is almost here. Time has gone by so fast, unbelieveable! But for today's post, I'm taking a wee break from Thanksgiving projects. I created a layout for a "Make It Monday" Challenge over at thememorynest.com.  They provided a sketch that you can check out and the twist for this challenge is to use a selfie. Yikes! I am one of those photogenically challenged people. But I gave it a go. Here's the pic for your perusal:

 
I like it! This page was put together fairly quickly. It was pretty much done as of yesterday but I wanted to add the ribbon for a finishing touch.  Here's a run down of what I did:
 
I used the sketch provided on the site but added and changed a few details. This is a basic 12 x 12" layout and I kept the color scheme simple with shades of light blues, beige and orange. I used a ColorBok paper stack called "Rosebud" to create it. This is a new stack that hubby purchased for me last week. I love these papers! I layered the papers on the page and inked the edges with a brown inkpad. I added some faux stitching, antennaes and butterfly trails using my white gel pen. The butterflies were cut from a page in the stack.and were used as 3D elements to give the page added interest. I used foam squares on the wings to hold them up away from the page. I love how this effect makes the butterflies stand out on this layout.
 
The best part of this page for me is the ribbon. Why?! I dyed this ribbon myself using a blue reinker I have. I've seen this technique before but have never tried it for myself. Let's just say I'm hooked. I will be stocking up on white ribbon just so I can dye it. It was easy and fun. (Don't be surprised if you see more projects featuring hand dyed ribbon).  I added the ribbon to opposite corners of the page to finish it off. For the title , I used some chipboard letters I had left over from a previous project. Luckily, the colors went well with the rest of the layout. And ta-da, my page is complete.
 
I hope you all enjoyed this project. I will end this post here for now and hope you all have an awesome T.G.I.F!! Peace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button