Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Thanksgiving Decor!!

Hey Everyone! Happy T.G.I.F !!!!! Oh Yeah!! I'm so glad that it's finally here! Man, since yesterday's post, I have been cranking out the Thanksgiving projects. I was able to complete two for today's post. I made a decorative frame and napkin holders to go along with my awesome placecards. Before I jump off the sofa to do my "Happy Friday Dance", here are the pics for your perusal:















                                                      I LOVE how these turned out!


                                    Here's a close up of the decorative frame I made. I used a white frame measuring 4 x 10" that I had to create this. For the inside, I cut a piece of white cardstock and inked the edges with a brown inkpad. I used paper piecing to create the pattern you see. The brown and orange decorative elements were cut from my holiday Cricut cartridge at 3". I love this pattern it reminds me of damask fabric. I glued them down to the white base and stamped a flourish in a brown ink. Originally, I wanted to use an orange cardstock for the base and stencil the pattern on top. But after an hour of trying to stencil the pattern on the cardstock, I wasn't happy with the way it looked. I abandoned that idea and went for the one you see pictured. It was easier to glue the pattern down and use bolder colors to contrast against the white background. The flourish was stamped to fill in the empty spaces between the patterns. I love the way it turned out in the end. It's elegant without being too fussy. Now to decorate the outside of the frame, I used gold chipboard stickers for the "Give Thanks" sentiment and a few leaf stickers I found. And there you have it, my decorative frame is complete.


For my other project, here's a close up of that:









Before




            

                                                           

                                                                  After




I have to say I definitely LOVE the after. My husband picked these up for me today from a flea market. As you can see, these napkin holders are square, made from metal and had strawberries painted on them. Eww! No offense to the person who decorated these but it doesn't fit the holiday theme. I have to give credit to my wonderful hubby for giving me the idea on how to redo them. He suggested I paint the top and bottom with brown acrylic paint and add a strip to go around it. Luckily for me, he bought me some fabric used for crossstitching that I used to cover up the previous pattern. I cut a piece of the fabric at 1 1/16 x 8", inked the edges, and glued it down using Aleene's Tacky Glue. I used three leaves I cut from my Cricut and attached it to the front for added interest. I also stamped the same flourish on the sides. I just forgot to take a pic of it to show you. But you have to agree the after is alot prettier than the before.

Here's another pic for you to check out:


Aren't they cute?! These are going to look awesome on our table this year.

I hope you enjoyed these projects. I had fun making these.  Enjoy the rest of your T.G.I.F and Peace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button