Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

"Give Thanks" Card

Hey everyone! Happy Tuesday! Hope your day is off to a great start. For this project today,  I made a Thanksgiving Day card for a challenge over at CardzTV.com. I think it turned out pretty good.  I used a variety of techniques and materials to create it. And I was able to put it together fairly quickly. Here's the pic for your perusal:

 
Not bad, right?! This is a standard A2 size card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2). I used a pale yellow cardstock for the base. The brown layer is two pieces of paint chip samples glued together. I used my Threading Water punch at the bottom, trimmed the layer to 4 x 5" and adhered it to the base. For the white layer, I cut a piece of cardstock at 3 3/4 x 4 3/4 and used my Ironworks embossing strip to emboss the side. It's kinda hard to see from the pic but it's there. I also inked the edges with a light brown inkpad and attached it.
 
Now for the table and food, I used a couple of different elements to create this. I cut the table at 1 3/4 x 2/ 3/4 out of a patterned paper that came from an Anna Griffin Scrapboook Kit. This paper is awesome! It has a velvety texture and I thought it would make a great tablecloth. I used my stylus to emboss a few lines down the bottom, which I then folded to create the look of draped fabric. Mini glue dots came in handy to attach just the ends of this faux tablecloth to the card. I wanted a 3D look to make it stand out. On top of the faux cloth I added a layer of lace. Okay it's really not lace, it's vellum. I cut the vellum at 1 x 2 3/4" and used my threading water punch for the bottom. I added some faux stiching and dots to the back of the vellum to give it the appearance of lace. I attached it to the tablecloth with mini glue dots and that's it. Our table is dressed for Thanksgiving dinner. Cool, right?!
 
For the food adorning our table, I used stickers and die cut pieces. The candelabra and vase were cut from the "Over the Hill" Cricut cartridge at 1" and 1 1/4". I used my Stardust gel pen to outline the shapes of both the candelabra and vase. I punched out different colors of leaves to add to the vase and upper left corner of the card. For the candelabra, I used candles that I stamped and cut. To finish it off, I glued them down at either end of the table, added my food stickers, popped up the turkey to give it dimension, and added a banner with the sentiment "Give Thanks". And voila, my Thanksgiving Day card is complete!
 
I hope you all enjoyed this project. It was a really fun card to make. I have a few other ideas I've been brainstorming for more Thanksgiving themed projects. I hope to bring you those soon, so stay tuned. I also have a layout I'll be working on today and possibly tomorrow. It's for a Make It Monday challenge over at thememorynest.com. The twist is you have to use a selfie pic for the layout. I'm not the most photogenic person by far and I hate having my pic taken. So this will be a challenge for me in more ways than one. So I'm hoping I can get over it and have it posted for you all tomorrow. I will end this post here, I have a few bathrooms that are screaming for my attention. Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button