Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Sealed with a Kiss Shaker Card!!

Hey Everyone!! It's Elina here and I'm glad to be back to posting and sharing projects with you all. 
I took some time off from the blog due to our recent move from Louisiana to North Carolina.
It has been a hectic few weeks between packing, driving, house hunting, hotel stays and no internet or Wi-Fi.
I am happy to finally be settling into our new home and getting back to what I love to do, crafting!

The card I'm featuring today is one of the first cards I've had a chance to make since the move.
 It's based on the latest sketch from the Feeling Sketchy blog.
I decided to try a different card design this time.
Using the sketch as my inspiration, I cut out a few circles in the card, added some sequins and turned it into a shaker card.
The image I used is from our sponsor for this challenge,. Lacy Sunshine Stamps.
She reminds me of my 7 year old, so I colored her skin and hair to match my daughter's.
I like how this card turned out but I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Here's the pic for Card Sketch #126:



And here's the pic of the card I created:


The card base is a standard A2 size.
I used papers from the Hampton Art ki 6 x 6 paper pad to create my main image panel.
I used a 1" hole punch to punch out a few circles and added sequins to three of them.


For the image I used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS5, FS7, CR3
-Hair- GB8, TN5, TN7
-Shirt- E04, C03
-Pants- C06, C08
-Shoes- C07, C09


I added a few extra details using my white gel pen and Glossy Accents.
For the shoes, in the digi they were originally boots.
But I used a fine tip black marker to turn the boots into lace up sneakers.

To finish off the card, I drew in some stitched circles using my white gel pen.
I stamped the sentiment, "Sealed with a Kiss" from a Studio G stamp set onto a piece of white card stock.
I cut it out, adhered it to the card and used Glossy Accents to make it pop.

And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your weekend and Peace!! :)


Please make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out all the brilliant cards created by the fabulous Design Team!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button