Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

You're always So Sweet! Quick and Easy Card!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! For today's post, I have another Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog. I used this lovely image for my project, which you can purchase at the Jiggery Makery Etsy shop.
This image is perfect for practicing different skin tones and hair colors. I previously made an ATC card using this same image and you can click the link here:http://scrapbookscraftscards.blogspot.com/2015/04/first-atc-card.html to view this project.
I decided to make a quick and easy card with this image using some older supplies from my stash.

                                                     Here's the pic for you to check out:



The card base measures 4 1/2" × 4 3/4".
For the card layer, I used a sheet of purple patterned paper from a DCWV  Violet Stack paper pad.
I  trimmed it down to 4 1/4" × 4 1/2" and used my tape runner to adhere it.
I added stitching lines using my white gel pen.
With the card base complete, I  turned my attention to the image.

I printed the image on white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin - FS7, CR3, E13
-Hair - TN7, EB5, EB8
-Eyes and Lips- GB8, YG03, RV14, RV19




I fussy cut the image out and adhered it to a 3" × 3" patterned paper square from the DCWV paper pad.
Next, I adhered it to the card base at a slight angle.
I then used a wood frame from a Jillibean Soup pack and adhered it over the image using foam tape.

To finish the card off,  I added some stickers from My Mind's Eye and DCWV  to create the sentiment, "You're always so sweet".
Lastly, I added brads and rounded the corners.

                                                         And ta-da!! Card complete!!


                                                 I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
                                  Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day.  Peace!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button