Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

"Let The Good Times Roll!" Birthday Card!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend!! For today's post, I have a Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog. I used the lovely "Valerie" digi and some Heidi Swapp "Serendipity" papers to create a bright, cheerful birthday card.
                                                        Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card measures 5" x 5 1/2".
I cut a 1 1/2" strip of patterned paper from the collection and adhered it to the card base.
I added stitching lines with my white gel pen and Glossy Accents to make the colorful stripes pop.
Next, I cut 3 1/2" x 4" square from the same paper and adhered it at an angle.
I repeated the same steps to highlight the stripes and set it side to work on the image.

For the image, I kept the coloring fairly simple.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS7, FS9, CR3
-Hair- TN7, TN8, EB5
-Top and Shoes- CR3, PP2
-Shorts- BGR2, BT3


I used my Colorless Blender marker to add pin striping on the shorts and polka dots on the shoes.
Next, I went in with a silver marker to fill in the lenses.
I fussy cut the image and added Glossy Accents to the glasses and shoes.
Then I set it aside and gathered the elements I needed to complete the card.

I cut this Polaroid frame from the paper collection, added the image and used foam tape to adhere it down.
The sentiment "Let The Good Times Roll" was created using alphas from the "Serendipity" collection.
To finish the card, I added a few iridescent sequins.

Normally, this is where I end the post with a ta-da! or voila!.
But not today. 
Why you may ask?
 Because I actually stamped the inside of the card as well.
I usually don't show pics of the inside because I fill them in as I need them.
Which I'm sure a lot of crafters do as well, or at least I hope I'm not the only one?!
But enough about that, here's the pic for you to check out:


I used a Fiskars "Birthday Type" stamp set (that I cut apart) and Memento Tuxedo Black ink to create the sentiment.
I colored in the words "Big" and 'Enjoy" using my CR3 and PP2 markers.
I then coated them with a thin layer of Glossy Accents to make them stand out.

And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and Peace!! :)




If you would like to purchase the image featured in today's project, head over to the Jiggery Makery Etsy shop by clicking the link: etsy.com/shop/JiggeryMakery.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button