Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Valentine's Day Tag!!

Hey Everyone! Happy Sunday! I hope you all are enjoying your day! There was a lot of crafting going on at my house yesterday. My five year old came up with the idea to make Saturday "Crafting Day".  We made treat bags, sock puppets, cards, and did a little painting. I have to say it was a rousing success. We had fun and my five year old was happy she thought of it. Once everything died down, I was able to sit at my craft desk to create this project for today.  I decided to make a Valentine's Day tag! I think it turned out nice but I'll leave that up to you to decide. Here are the pics for your perusal:


I used a 2 5/8 x 5 1/4" manila tag. 
I colored the tag using a Ruby Red inkpad from Stampin Up. I added the color along the edges and gradually brought the color towards the center.
I also used my Close to Cocoa inkpad to darken and define the edges a little more.
Once my tag was dry, I took a heart image from an Inkadinkado stamp set and a stoneware texture stamp to create a background.

Next, I adhered a strip of red waffle paper from Stampin Up on the tag at a slight angle.
I layered a red heart doily on top and trimmed off the excess.
I used white and brown ink to highlight the areas around the doily and my Spica red glitter pen to accent the small hearts in the doily.

I used a sticker set I own for the star and heart embellishments.
I just adhered them to a smaller manila tag, added color using a brown inkpad and cut them out.
I used my Spica Gold glitter pen to add some sparkle and foam tape for a 3D effect.
The hearts with the sentiment "And You are my Journey" also came from the same sticker set.
I used the same technique as before but I cut them out individually and stacked them together using foam tape.
I finished them off by adding a white highlight to each heart.

The flowers on the lower left corner, I created those out of a flower shape I cut from my Cricut.
I cut the flower in various sizes using a white patterned paper I made.
I then layered the shapes together, inked the edges and added a copper brad to the center.

To finish it off, I added rhinestones, heart brads in red and wrapped copper wire around the entire tag.
And voila! Valentine's Day tag is complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
I'll be entering this tag in the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge which is ending later today.
So I'll end this post here for now so I can upload my entry.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and Peace!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button