Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Stamping and Watercoloring...

Hey Everyone!! Happy Tuesday!! Hope you all are having an awesome day! It's been pretty rainy in Louisiana for the past four days and it doesn't look like it's gonna let up anytime soon. It gives me the perfect excuse to craft till my heart's content or till I need to get dinner ready. For today's project I wanted to try a technique I saw on various YouTube videos. Watercoloring stamped images. I love watching those vids that feature Copic coloring with stamped images. I don't own any Copic markers (hopefully that will change). So when I came across this vid on watercoloring your stamped images I figured I'd give it a shot.. I do own a set of Stampin' Up Watercolor Pencils and I used those for the cards I created. I really like how they turned out! Here's the pics for your perusal:

 
My favs out of this trio would have to be the dog and teddy bear images.
They are sooo cute!!
 
Here's the rundown of what I did:
 
 
The "Blessings" card is a standard A2 size card. The card base is white and I added a strip of pink cardstock cut at 2 1/2 x 5 1/2" and adhered it down. For the white layer, I cut the strip a 1/4" smaller than the pink cardstock. I stamped this floral image in Staz-On Jet black ink and used my watercolor pencils to color in the image. I colored the edges of the petals and with a wet brush dragged the color to the center to create a gradient effect. I added some blue around each flower to add another layer to the image. Once dry, I attached it to the pink cardstock with my ATG gun. For the sentiment "Blessings", I layered pink and white cardstock together, notched the ends and added a few pink rhinestones. The sentiment came from my new stamp set "Encouraging Thoughts" that I won in a challenge from CardzTV. Thank you Mary!! :)
 
For the inside of the card, I repeated the same pattern as the outside. Here's the pic of that:
 
 
I added some faux stitching with my white gel pen and a sentiment from the same stamp set: "When God closes a door, He opens a window! And my card is complete!
 
For the 3 x 3 cards, I colored them in much the same way as the flowers. Here are the close up pics for those:
 
 
This little doggy is too adorable!!
I just added some butterfly trails and layered it on top of a glittered background.
 
 
The "Smile" sentiment I stamped on the inside using Staz-On Jet Black Ink.
 
 
For the teddy bear card, I actually cut out the image after it was stamped and colored. I used pop dots to give it a 3D appearance and then adhered to the card base. I don't have a close up pic but here's a pic of the inside of the card:
 
 
All the sentiments came from the CardzTV stamp set.
 
And that completes my projects for today. I really enjoyed watercoloring my stamped images and I will probably be doing some more. I will say that if I had watercolor paper the colors would have been a little more vibrant. So I will definitely be purchasing some for future projects. I used regular cardstock for my images and Staz-On to ink them. If you're looking to try this just remember to not keep your cardstock too wet, blot off any extra water from your paper. Otherwise you run the risk of having the ink feather and your cardstock peeling. Trust me on this, I did this technique a few times before I came to that conclusion. But all in all, I enjoyed making these cards. I will be sending these this week to a friend of mine and her little girls. I hope they like them. I will end this post here and hope you all enjoy the rest of your evening!! Peace!!:)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button