Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Mini-Wreath Ornaments!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Friday!! I would do my usual Happy Dance but I'm still coming out of that food coma from yesterday!! Ah, you gotta love Thanksgiving!! But I'm glad it only comes once a year I don't think my waistline could handle it! My Thanksgiving was good and I hope you all had enjoyed your Thanksgiving as well. I definitely put all those decorations I made to good use and my table looked awesome!! Now that I think of it I forgot to take a pic to share with you all. Have to remember to do that next time. For today's post, I have some ornaments that I made. They're really cute. I got the inspiration for these from a pic my sis send me on Pinterest. The wreath pictured was a lot larger but I thought I could customize it to make ornaments. My hubby wants to go for a traditional handmade Christmas this year. So the pressure is on for me to make some ornaments to hang on our tree. Man, I only hope I can pull this off! Fingers crossed as I type this! Before I get too ahead of myself, here's the pic for you to check out:

 
Here they are!
I think they turned out pretty good!
I varied the colors and embellishments for each one to make them a little different.
Here's the rundown of what I did:
 
I took some silver binder rings my hubby got for me and wrapped them in embroidery floss. I used mini GlueDots to attach the floss to the ring. Hot glue probably would have been a better choice but I knew wrapping these would be a tedious process. In the future, I would choose to use yarn instead of embroidery floss to wrap these in. Floss is thinner than yarn and I found I had to wrap it a few times to cover the silver underneath. But since I was a little on the impatient side and wanted to see what I could come up with, floss was what I had to work with.
For the one on the top,  I used white, red and green. I used the red and green floss sparingly in a few spots and kept the majority of it white. The greenery was cut @ 2" with my Cricut and adhered it down. I also added a few berries I punched with my 1/8" hole punch and a banner ( also cut from my Cricut @ 2") with the sentiment "Peace" stamped in the center. A little touch of bling in the form of a glitter pen finishes it off. And wreath numero uno is complete!
 
For the one on the left, I used red and white embroidery floss to mimic the inspiration pic. It has the same greenery embellishment and banner as the top one. The only difference is the addition of embossed, punched snowflakes. I took a piece of white cardstock I had and inked the entire surface in VersaMark ink. I then used clear embossing powder over the top and heat embossed it. I used this sparkly paper to punch out my snowflakes and add it to the wreath. And that completes the look for wreath number two!
 
For the final wreath on the right, I used green and white embroidery floss. It has the same banner as the other two but only the snowflakes for an embellishment. Wreath number three done!!
 
I took the look from an inspiration pic and tailored it to make three distinct ornaments. I like how they turned out! To be honest, I'm not 100% sure I will use these on our tree per se. I only made three of each so far and I figure I would need a lot more. But I may find a home for them elsewhere. I was thinking I could use these on a smaller tree or attach them to gifts, the possibilities are endless. Well I think this is a good stopping point for this post, I hope you all enjoyed this project for today! Enjoy your T.G.I.F and Peace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button