Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Make It Monday Challenge part 2

Hey Everyone! Happy T.G.I.F!!!! I'm so glad its here, I may do my "Friday Happy Dance" to celebrate. Hold on...
Okay I'm back. Almost broke my hip dancing around!! Couldn't resist the urge to dance! Now on to today's project which is a 12 x 12 layout featuring my two beautiful girls. I created this layout for another "Make It Monday" challenge over @ thememorynest.com. The challenge was to create a card or layout using triangles and showcasing what your thankful for. I initially wanted to do a card at first. But going through my photo box, I came across this pic of the girls from a couple of years back. That's when it hit me to do a layout. I LOVE how it turned out and I hope my girls love it too! Here's the pic for you to check out:

 
Isn't it Cute?!
 Here's the rundown of what I did:
 
To start, I used a tan cardstock for the background.  I tried using other colors for the background but didn't like the look of it. So I figured a nice neutral would give me a good base to add more color. The flags at the top of the page I cut from a template I made. They were inspired by a card making magazine I got over the weekend. I saw these flags on a give thanks card and fell in love with the look. I adapted it to fit this layout and used papers from the DCWV Glitter Mat stack to make the flags. I love the papers in this stack! There are a lot of pretty patterns and colors to choose from. I went with the brown and white patterned papers for this page. I used gold and orange embroidery floss at the ends and added bronze brads to finish it off. To attach them to the page, I used my ATG gun to run a strip of adhesive along the top, added embroidery floss tied at either end and pop dots to the brown flags to give it a 3D look. 
 
For the middle of the page, I layered brown and pink strips of cardstock and added it to a 3" strip of light brown at the top and bottom. I cut two pieces at 2" out of the same white patterned cardstock as the flag above. I traced a triangular border I found onto the pieces, cut it out and adhered it at either end of the strip. For the photo, I matted it onto light brown cardstock and layered it on top of brown and pink cardstock making sure to make it 1/4" bigger all the way around.
 
For the sentiments "Thankful" and "My Girls" I cut those out of my Cricut at 1 and 1 1/2". I just glued those directly on to the layout. And added some extra detail with my white gel pen. For the bottom of the page, I traced a stencil onto the patterned papers featured, cut those out and used adhesive and pop dots to attach to the page. A few pink rhinestones and flower gems here and there completes the layout.
 
I hope you all enjoyed this project for today. I had a lot of fun creating it. I will end this post here for now and wish you all a Happy T.G.I.F!! Peace!! :)
 Oh, I almost forgot here are a few more close up pics for you to enjoy:
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button