Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Easy Thanksgiving Day Wreath!

Hey Everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend!! My weekend was pretty good. I was able to relax, enjoy a movie or two and I found time for a quick project. How quick? Start to finish time was 15 minutes! I made a small wreath to put on my wall. It turned out pretty cute and the design is very simple. It's definitely one to try if you want to add some fall flair to your holiday decor. Here's the pics for you to check out:

 
This is the wreath form I created using two gold rings. They were purchased from Hobby Lobby months ago. I bought these to make a chandelier for my daughter's room but I never got around to it. I nested the smaller ring inside of the larger one and used fishing line to tie the two together. I just tied it in four places and that gave it a sturdy base to build my wreath on. I left about a 1/2" space all around. I used strips of burlap I had left over to wrap around the form. Here's the next pic:
 
 
As you can see, I now have a nice base to build upon. The nice part about using these gold rings is that their not raised in the back. It stays pretty flush up against a surface, whether it's a wall or a door. I did use Scotch Quick Dry adhesive to hold the burlap in place. But I'm sure a glue gun would have worked just as well. Now that I have my wreath base, it's time to decorate.
 
 
Not bad, right?! The flowers, ribbon and leaves used to decorate this wreath were leftovers from my centerpiece project. I just arranged the flowers and leaves and hot glued it all down. I tied a strip of ribbon into a bow and used hot glue to attach it to the bottom. And there you have it! My rustic fall wreath is complete!!
 
I love how this turned out! You can take this simple design and customize it to your decor. You can  cover it completely with flowers or add a sentiment, acorns, pinecones, etc. The possibilities are endless. I hope you all enjoyed this project today! It was alot of fun to create! Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button