Pages

Friday, October 12, 2018

Chipboard Coffin Transformation; Halloween 2018

Hey everyone it's Elina here & happy Friday to all!
I hope your day is off to a great start.
Welcome to the second week in my Halloween 2018 series.
I take an ordinary chipboard coffin from Michael's
and transform it into an elegant marble coffin.

Check out the process video below to learn more...


The secret to this transformation is the black gesso.
You can find black gesso in any craft store.
I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby.
Just like with white gesso, the black gesso gives the surface
a great starter base.
You can then follow it up by layering & adding color using 
paints, inks, sprays, etc.

To give the coffin the look of marble, I start off using 
a combo of silver & grey paint.
I apply it using my stencil brush, adding color and removing it
using a paper towel.
I continue adding & removing the color till I get
the desired effect.

Here's a pic you can check out:


To decorate, I add a cameo, rose beads & die cuts
to give an elegant look.
I finish it off by adding scraps of black lace to the interior 
of the lid.

Now I can use the coffin to decorate my entryway
or as a cool treat box.

I'm pleased with how this project turned.
I might have to go back to Michael's to pick up a few more. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by!
I hope you all have a great weekend!

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button