Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2016

"Flowers brighten your day" featuring Bugaboo Stamps

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all! I hope you all are enjoying your holiday weekend! For today's post, I have a card I made for the latest challenge over at the Glitter N Sparkle blog. The theme for this week is "Flower Power," so please make sure to stop by the blog if you want to play along. We want to see all your fabulous "Flower Power" themed crafts.
  We have some great sponsors lined up for this challenge:


- A Day for Daisies
-Bugaboo  Stamps
-Ike's Art

Here's the pic of the card I created using the "If friends were flowers" digi from Bugaboo Stamps.

 The card measures 4" x 4 1/2," and uses a sheet of white card stock as the base. I added some dash lines along the edges of the base with a fine tip black marker.  Next, I set it aside to work on the image.

As always, I used my alcohol markers to bring this image to life.
Here's the colors I used:

-Flowers- RV000, RV52, RV55
-Stems- YG03, G43
-Background- B00, B12, C0, C01

I only colored one half of the image, opting to re-create a torn edge on the other side with my C markers. I added a shadow along the torn edge with my B12 marker and a  highlight with my white gel pen. I attached it to a piece of light blue card stock that I cut with some deckle edged scissors.
I then used pop dots to adhere it to the card base.

As a finishing touch, I added a few pink sequins.

And ta-da! Card complete!


                                                  I hope you all enjoyed this card for today!
                                                 Thanks for stopping by, and have great day!

                                                        Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button