Pages

Friday, May 27, 2016

"Swingin by to say Hi!": LBBS New Stamp Release!

Hey everyone, happy T.G.I.F to you all! I hope you are all ready to enjoy your Memorial Day weekend! And, what better way to kick off the start of the holiday weekend than with a new stamp release from the LBBS?! Olga has some beautiful new digis that were released and today's card features one of her lovely creations. Please make sure to head over to the Little Blue Button Stamps shop to check them out.
                                  
                                   Without further ado, here's a pic of the card for you to check out:
The card measures 5 1/2" x 5 7/8," using a sheet of white card stock as the base. For the card layers, I used sheets of dark and light blue card stock that I trimmed down and adhered to the card base using my tape runner. (The measurement for the dark blue card stock is  4 3/8" x 5 3/8," and the light blue card stock at 4 1/4" x 5 1/4". )

I then set the base aside to work on the image.

The image I used is "Swingin' By" from Olga's newest release. This is an adorable image with lots of flowing hair to color.

Here's a rundown of the colors I used to bring this cutie to life:
-Skin- E00, E11, R20
-Hair- E97, E99, E29
-Dress & Flowers- G94, G99, RV000, RV52
-Swing- E70, E74, E79

 For the background, I colored the sky in using my B00 Copic marker, and I softened the look by going over it using my 0 Colorless Blender marker. I used my G40 marker for the grass and again softened the look with my 0 Colorless Blender. I added a shadow below the girl using my G43 marker and then blended it out with both my G40  and 0 markers.

Next, I trimmed the image panel down to 3 7/8" x 4 7/8", backed on a piece of white card stock, and adhered it to the card.

I added a smaller panel next to the image layering dark blue, light blue, and white card stocks. I also used three small flower buttons and pearls from my stash to embellish it.

To finish the card off, I added a few pearls here and there.

And voila! Card complete!
I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great Memorial Day weekend!


Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button