Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

"Coffee for the Best Moments in Life" !!

Hi everyone, I'm back once again with a project I created for the Little Blue Button Stamps blog. Today is "Crafty Monday," over at the LBBS blog, so please make sure to check out the other DT projects featuring this awesome "Some Coffee"image from the shop.
                                                 
                                               Here's a pic of my project for you to check out:
Instead of creating a card, I opted to create a mixed media wall decor piece to hang in my craft room. The base of this piece is a 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" woodblock that I got from hubby. I covered the front and sides of the block using papers from a Prima 6' x 6', "Epiphany" paper pad. I adhered it to the woodblock using some Ranger Multi Medium Matte gel.
Once dry, I stamped a few images from a Prima stamp set on the background, and for the edges, I used a black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker to go around the edges of the piece. With the background complete, I set it aside to work on the images. 

I used my alcohol markers to color these ladies in, and here's a rundown of the colors I used:

-Skin- E00, E11, E13, R20
-Hair- Y13, Y15, E13, E18, E29, E79
-Dresses &Shoes- B00, B12, B14, RV66, RV55, RV69, CG01, CG04, E15, E18
-Bags-  B12, B14, RV63, RV55, RV66, RV69, G40, G43
 -Coffee Cups- 0, CG01, E70, E74
Next, I cut the images out and added them to the background. I went around the edges using a water color black marker from Recollections, making sure to smudge the color a bit.

I added the "Coffee," sentiment using stickers from Pebbles Inc., "ABC's" set. To finish it off, I  adhered a few coffee beans and spoons in the corners.

                                                      And ta-da! Wall piece complete!

                                                 I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!
                                           Thanks for stopping by, and have a great evening!




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button