Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The East Wind "Aurora" Digi Wall Hanging!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Friday to you all!! I have another project to share with you today. I created an inspirational wall hanging for the latest Anything Goes Challenge over at the Party Time Tuesdays blog.
I used an awesome digi I got from The East Wind, just for subscribing to their monthly newsletter.
The image is called "Aurora" and it's a beautiful image to color.
She has long, flowing hair which I found to be a challenge but it's a great way to practice coloring hair.
I also tried some different shading techniques to bring her life.
I think the end result speaks for itself but I'll leave that up to you to decide whether my hard work paid off.

Before I get too ahead of myself, just a reminder that the Anything Goes Challenge over at the PTT blog runs through the whole month of May.
And there is a great prize pack for you to win from our sponsor for this challenge. 
So make sure to head over to the blog, link up your project and check out the awesome projects created by the DT members.

Without further ado, here's the pic for you to check out:


For this project, I actually started off by coloring the image first.
I printed her out onto a sheet of white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink, CR3 
- Hair - Tan, Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna 
-Dress- IB1, GT1, Oceanview Blue 
-Flowers- R20, CR3 


Once I had the image colored and shaded in, I used some Liquid Pearls in Lavender Lace to add some pearls to her floral barrette and flowers on the dress.
I then fussy cut the image out, went around the edges using my fine tip marker in brown and set her aside.

To turn this image into a wall hanging, I used a mat board frame.
I cut apart some inspirational sentiments and words from a DCWV "Cardstock Quotes" Mat stack and arranged them on the frame.
Once I had them placed where I wanted, I adhered them down using my ATG.
I then went in with my white gel pen to create stitching lines around each of sentiments.
I glued a piece of chipboard covered in a dark grey patterned paper to the inside of the frame.
I then adhered the image on top, making sure to leave some of her hair outside of the frame to create interest.
To finish it off, I added a few pearls along the top and bottom.

And voila! Wall Hanging complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button