Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Seashells By The Seashore Tag!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend and a wonderful Mothers Day!! I'm back with another Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog. I created a tag perfect for summer featuring the newest image from the Jiggery Makery etsy store, "Gloria".I kept the tag pretty simple and used a different color combo for the skin.

Here's the pic for you to check out:


I created a custom tag measuring 4 1/8 × 7" out of white and manila card stocks. I sandwiched the two card stocks together to create a sturdy base.
I marked off an area for the sky, sea and sand using a pencil and ruler.
I used my Copic markers in B00 for the sky, B24 and B29 for the sea.
I added some highlights to the sea using a white gel pen.

For the sand, I used some Martha Stewart "Sparkle Texture Paste" and colored it with Antique Linen Distress paint.
I then added it to the tag using a palette knife.
To make it look realistic, I placed a few seashells in the sand and added some texture paste over the top to give the illusion of the shells sticking up out of the sand.
I then set it aside to dry to work on the image.

For the image, I printed it out on white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used :
- Skin - GT1, CR3, FS4
-Hair- Tan, Burnt Sienna, E18



I used a pink patterned paper for the bathing suit and some Neenah Desert Storm card stock for the hat.
I used my C02 and E18 markers to add some shading.
I also added some highlights using a white gel pen.
Once I had the image colored in, I cut it out and added it to the tag using foam tape and adhesive.

For the sentiment, "Seashells by the Seashore", I used a DCWV "Vacation Quotes" sticker pad.
I cut the words apart and arranged them on the tag.

To finish the tag off, I punched a hole at the top, added some fibers, ribbon and stitching lines.

                                                            And ta-da!! Tag complete!!


                                                I hope you enjoyed this project for today! !
                            Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace! ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button