Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Santa Baby Wall Hanging!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend!! I'm back with another project for the Jiggery Makery blog. For this project, I created a one of a kind wall hanging, featuring the latest digi image, "Missy". You can purchase this image through the Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop with all proceeds going to children in need till November 14th..
With that said, here's the pic of the completed project:


I started off by using this shadow box that hubby made for me.
The box measures 7 x 9 1/4"
I painted it inside and out with gesso.
I added strips of patterned card stock to the back and sides, to give it the look of wallpaper.
I painted the bottoms of the sections with Chestnut Brown paint.
With the inside complete, I set it aside to begin work on the other elements.

For the fireplace front, I made it out of clay and painted in the grout and stones.
I then glued a wood strip to the top for a mantle.
 and hot glued the "fireplace" to the box.
I embellished the mantle with a resin frame painted gold and a few glue stick candles.
I added a garland that I made from twine and punched leaves.
And for over the top of the fireplace, I adhered a wreath I made from wire and leaves.
I added a few embroidery floss bows to the wreath and garland to complete the look.
I used a resin decorative strip I had, glued it to the top of the sections to act as molding.

For the smaller section of the box, I used a small Christmas tree, added garland, ornaments and a star to decorate it.
Hubby cut a few wood blocks in varying sizes that I covered in card stock, added a bow and adhered them around the tree as presents.


I added a few more presents to the bottom section and a strip of garland.
With the majority of the shadow box complete, I set to work on the image.

I printed the image onto a sheet of watercolor paper and used my Recollections and Distress Markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin: Tattered Rose, Light Pink
- Hair and Shoes: Black
- Dress: Cherry, Cranberry
- Mistletoe: Shabby Shutters, Cranberry

I embellished the dress with some Recollections "Janelle" red glitter glue.
I added some strips of cotton to the bottom and front of the dress and a pompom on the hat.
I used two layers of foam tape to attach her to the box.


To finish it off, I added garland and embroidery floss bows along the top, a chimney I made, and Santa's legs.
As a final finishing touch, I stamped a light strip onto the box in a light brown ink.
I went over the lines with my Pigma Micron Pen and filled in the lights with red glitter glue.

And voila!! shadow box complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thansk for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button