Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pink Floyd Inspired Canvas!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Tuesday to you all!! I hope your day is off to a good start!! For today's post, I have a canvas I created for my hubby inspired by his all time favorite band: Pink Floyd.
He is a HUGE fan and I thought this project would make a perfect anniversary gift.
I have really been getting into creating one of a kind mixed media projects and this canvas is no exception.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


For this project, I used a printed canvas hubby had hanging in his bathroom previously.
I covered the entire surface with a coat of gesso and let it dry.
I made a one of a kind brick stencil from white cardstock and a rectangle that I cut from my Cricut.
I taped my stencil down and used embossing paste to create the bricks.
Once, I had the bricks done, I set the canvas aside to allow the embossing paste to dry.

After the bricks were dry, I covered the entire surface of the canvas, including the bricks, with a coat of gesso. 
I added some color using a red acrylic paint mixed with brown, painted the surface, and used a baby wipe to wipe some of the paint off.
To make them look a little more realistic, I added a wash of black paint over the top, wiped it off with a baby wipe, inked the edges with a light brown ink and added some white paint splatters.


With the bricks done, I set to work on the rest of the background.
I mixed some grey and brown acrylic paints and used it to paint the entire background, making sure to be careful when painting around the bricks.
Once dry, I added some texture using some waffle paper, stamps and brown inks in Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip from Stampin Up.

For embellishments, I added a few buttons, rings and vellum frames.
I used a black Sharpie for the words "Pink Floyd The Wall" and a brown Pigma Micron Pen to add a few song lyrics.


And ta-da!! canvas complete!!


I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button