Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Pink Floyd Inspired Mixed Media Canvas Part Deux!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you had an awesome weekend!! My weekend was pretty good, watched some movies with the family. I even got some crafting time in as well.
For today's post, I have a canvas I created for hubby that was inspired by his favorite band, Pink Floyd.
This is the second project I created for him with this theme, the first was a canvas inspired by "The Wall" album cover. You can view that project by clicking the link here: .Pink Floyd Inspired Canvas!!.
For this project I used a much larger canvas and used the song lyrics as the backdrop.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The canvas measures 16 x 24".
To begin this project, I went straight to my Cricut to die cut the letters to spell out the first verse.
I used my Paper Lace 2 cartridge for that and cut the letters out at 1 1/2".
I used a temporary adhesive to adhere the letters down.
I then mixed some grey and brown paint together and sponged it onto the canvas, being careful not to shift the letters.
I actually worked in sections for this part.
 I would sponge the paint on and use a large dry brush to go over it, to smooth it out and let the texture of the canvas come through.
Once I had the entire piece covered, I set it aside to dry.

Once dry, I removed the letters to reveal the verse underneath.
I then grabbed a few stamps and light brown ink and began stamping the background in a few spots.
I sponged the edges of the canvas to give it a more grungy look.
I also made sure to paint and distress the sides as well.
All that was left to do now, was add the embellishments.

I added some hinges and vintage buttons.
I painted the pieces with a couple coats of gesso, let them dry, then went over them with a light brown ink.


I added a few Tim Holtz Trinket Pins in the corner and a few vellum pieces.


To finish it off, I made the prism from their album cover.
I made it out of Grunge Paper, white cardstock and paint.
I also used my handwriting to complete the lyrics from the song.


And voila!! canvas complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thansk for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)


This post is part of the Party Time Tuesdays blog, where you can find great challenges every Tuesday and inspirational posts from our fellow DT members.
Make sure you stop by the blog and check it out!! :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button