Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #102!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Sunday to you all!! I hope your day was off to a great start!! I'm back with another great card sketch challenge for the Feeling Sketchy blog.
Here's the photo of Card Sketch #102:


Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out all the beautiful cards created by the wonderful DT members.
There are also some great prizes for you to win from our sponsors: Molossi, $30 Chipboard and Bling pack and Flourish with a Bling, $15 Gift Voucher.
This latest sketch is up and running now through September 29.
With that said, let's get on to the card I created for this latest challenge.

Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2" and uses black cardstock for the base.
I created this patterned background on the card by using some embossing paste, that I tinted black, and a stencil I cut using my Cricut.
 I added some clear embossing powder over the top and set it aside to dry.
Once the embossing paste had time to dry, I went over the top with my heat tool to melt the embossing powder.
With my background complete, I set it aside to work on the other elements for the card.

In keeping with the sketch, I cut two top note pieces from pink cardstock @ 5 1/4" and one from white cardstock @ 5".
I layered the two pieces together, glued them down and added it to the card base.
I cut some circles out of black, pink and white cardstocks @ 3", 2 3/4" and 2 1/2", layered them on top of each other and glued them down.
This created a nice background for the image.

For the image, I used this "Princess Anya" stamp from The Greeting Farm.
I colored her in using my Copics and Bic MarkIt markers.
Here's a run down of the colors I used:
- Skin- E11, E13, R20
- Hair- E13, E15, E18
- Dress- Pink Flamingo, Peach Parfait, Honey Brown, C01
- Crown and Wand- Y08, Y15


I used Stickles on the wand and dress.
And for the crown, I used my Spica Glitter pen in Gold and added a few rhinestones.
With the image colored in, I cut it out, used foam tape to mount it onto the circle background, and used more foam tape to attach it to the card base.

All that was left to do now was to add a few finishing touches.

I added some flourishes, sequins and roses.
I cut a banner from a strip of pink cardstock and stamped the sentiment "Birthday Wishes".
I used my white gel pen to add a few stitch lines to the card base and banner.

And voila!! card complete!!


I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Sunday and Peace!! :)


I will be entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Blog for their "Create A Background" Wednesday Challenge!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button