Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Be True to Yourself Mixed Media Canvas!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to you all!! I hope your day is off to a great start!! For today's post, I'm sharing this Mixed Media canvas I created using a cute image my daughter drew.
Here's the pic of the completed project for your perusal:


To begin this project, I first colored the image.
I scanned the drawing my daughter had made into my computer and printed it out onto white cardstock.
I used my Copics and Bic MarkIt markers to bring this drawing to life.
Here's the rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin- E11, E13, R20
- Hair- E13, E15, E18
- Hat and Sneakers- Rambunctious Red, Honey Brown
- Pants- Blue Skies Blue, Oceanview Blue, Deep Sea Blue
- Shirt- C01, C03
- Jacket- C07, Tuxedo Black
Eyes- Key Lime, Honey Brown

I added a few stitch lines to the jeans, shirt, and sneakers with a white gel pen.
I added a few highlights to the eyes to make them pop.
I used my Spica Glitter Pen in "Pitch Black" to add stitch lines to the jacket and sparkle to the eyelashes.
I then cut the image out and set it aside to work on the canvas.


I used a 5 x 7" rectangular canvas for this project.
I mod podged a layer of white tissue paper on the top.
I also added some torn pieces of a scripted text tissue paper to a few areas.
Once dry, I sponged over the entire surface using a light blue acrylic paint.
I inked the edges in Creamy Caramel ink from Stampin Up and used this same ink to stamp this flourish.
Once I had the background done, it was time to start adding the embellishments.

For texture, I added waffle paper and lace that I inked with Creamy Caramel ink.
I used some clay medallion pieces, distressed them and glued them to the background.
I added a few red hearts that I cut and colored using Ranger Grunge Paper.
I distressed those as well and added some white stitch lines.
I used some chipboard flag pieces, painted them with gesso, and stamped a Hero Arts "Art Is Life" wood stamp over the top.
I added the sentiment" Be True to Yourself" using chipboard letters and Tim Holtz Alpha Ransom Letters.
I attached the image to the canvas using foam tape.
And lastly, to finish it off, I added a few pearls, sequins and this key that I distressed.

And voila!! project complete!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Thursday and Peace!! :)



This post is part of the Party Time Tuesdays blog, where you can find great challenges every Tuesday and inspirational posts from our fellow DT members. 
Make sure you stop by the PTT blog and check it out!! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button