Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

"My First Side Stair Step Card"!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to you all!!
 For today's post, I have my first attempt ever at a "Side Stair Step Card". 
The inspiration for this card came from the Summer 2014 issue of Cardmaker Magazine: cardmakermagazine.com.
It took me a couple of tries to get the card just right.
 But all in all, I think it was worth the effort.
Here are the pics for your perusing pleasure:


To start this card off, I cut a sheet of white cardstock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2".
I then turned the cardstock , so that it was vertical on my trimmer, and placed it on the 2 3/4" inch mark.
Then I placed the blade an 1" down from the top and cut a slit in the cardstock down to the 5 1/4" mark.
Once I had that done, I turned the cardstock, so it was resting horizontally on the trimmer, and scored it at 1", 2" and 5 1/4".
Keep in mind, that when scoring your cardstock, start from the top and score down to the slit.
For the final score line, score the cardstock, from the bottom this time, to the slit at the 4 1/4" mark.
Once I had all the score lines done, I accordion-folded the card along the lines to create the steps in the above pic.

Now that I had my card base done, all that was left to do was decorate it.
I kept this card pretty simple when it came to embellishments.
I used two coordinating patterned papers from a DCWV Glitter Mat Stack for my card layers.
I used a die cut tag for my sentiment "Big Hugs!", which came from a CardzTV stamp set called "Encouraging Thoughts".
To dress up the tag, I added some doodling, flowers and brown embroidery floss.
I then attached it to the smaller step panel using my ATG gun.


For the image I used, I turned to my computer and found this free Fairy image from freedeariedollsdigistamps.blogspot.com.
I printed the image on white cardstock and used my Bic MarkIt markers to color it in.
I added some polka dots to the dress with a white gel pen and Stickles to the wings and shoes.
Lastly, I trimmed the image down to fit the panel, attached it with ATG and finished it off with some rhinestones.


And voila!! side stair step card complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today and got inspired to try making this style of card for yourself.
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)



This post is part of the Party Time Tuesdyas blog, where you can find great challenges every Tuesday and inspirational posts from our fellow DT members.
Make sure to stop the partytimetuesdays.blogspot.com blog and check it out!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button