Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #90 Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to all!! For today's post, I created a card for the latest Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch Challenge.
This is Card Sketch #90:


Make sure to stop by the Feeling Sketchy blog: feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com to play along and check out the wonderful cards created by the DT members.
There are some great prize packs for you to win from this month's sponsors: Molossi and Bugaboo Digi Stamps.
The challenge is up and running now through the 31st of May.
Without further ado, here is the card I made based on this sketch:



The card base is a sheet of Kraft cardstock cut at 5 x 5 1/2".
I used a sheet of polka dot paper from a DCWV Stack 8 pack, cut at 4 3/4 x 5 1/4 as my card layer.
I cut another piece of Kraft cardstock to layer on top of my polka dot background at 4 1/8 x 4 3/4".
I added a plaid pattern paper from the same DCWV pack cut at 3 7/8 x 4 1/2".
I used my ATG gun to adhere my layers together.
I wrapped some brown jute twine a few times before attaching the panel to the card base.
Once I had my card base complete, I set to work on coloring the image.

For the image I chose this cute little cowboy from Bugaboo Digi Stamps.
I printed him out twice on white cardstock and used my Bic MarkIt and Copic markers to color him in.
Here is a list of the colors I used:
- Skin- E00, E11, R20
- Horse, Hat, Chaps, and Boots - E13, E15, E18
- Shirt- Bic MarkIt markers in: Rambunctious Red, Honey Brown
- Kerchief and Jeans- Bic MarkIt markers in: Blue Skies Blue, Deep Sea Blue


To give the image some dimension, I colored in the horse's head on the second printout, cut it out (ala Godfather style), and used pop dots to attach it.
I added some extra details to the clothing by using white and black gel pens.
I cut out the image leaving a small white border and used pop dots to attach it to the card front.

Quick Tip: By adding a few extra details here and there, you can take a simple line drawn image over the top.


To finish off this card, I placed some copper brads on all four corners, added my sentiment "Hello" and some Pyramid studs from 7 Gypsies.

And voila! card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Have a great Thursday and Peace!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button