Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #88!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to you all!! For today's post, I have a card I created using the latest Card Sketch #88 from the Feeling Sketchy blog!! This challenge is up and running now through May 15.
Make sure to stop by the Feeling Sketchy blog: feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com to link up your projects and check out the awesome cards the DT members have created.
This month's sponsors are Molossi - $30 Chipboard and Bling Package and Bugaboo Digi Stamps- 7 digi stamps of your choice, for you to win.
So without further ado, here is the pic of Card Sketch #88:

                                          

Here is the card I made using this sketch:


For this card, I went with a white cardstock base cut at 5 1/2 x 6".
I cut a sheet of light pink cardstock at 3 1/4", used my Fiskars Threading Water punch to create a decorative border along the left hand side and used my ATG gun to attach it to my card base.
I cut a strip of purple cardstock at 1 3/4", attached it to the card and added a 1/2" strip of white cardstock in between.
I also wrapped the light pink cardstock with some purple embroidery floss, tied in a bow, before attaching it.
Once I had my card base complete, I set to work on coloring the image.

I chose this cute dragon image from Bugaboo Digi Stamps:bugaboostamps.com called "Clyde Birthday" to work with.
I printed it out on watercolor paper, trimmed it down to 3 3/4 x 5 1/4" and colored him in with my Recollections Watercolor Markers.
Here is a list of the colors I used:
-Kelly Green- for the body
-Light and Mid Pink- for the belly, wings, scales, snout and ears
-Lavender and Grape- for the balloon and party hat
-Grey- for the ground
-Light Blue- for the background
  For some added details, I used Glossy Accents on the balloon and Liquid Pearls in Lavender Lace to create the spots on his back.

To finish it off, I stamped the sentiment "Birthday Wishes" in Staz On Jet Black ink and added a few pink sequins.
Finally, I used pop dots to attach it to my card base.

And ta-da!! card complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button