Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

"Birthday Wishes" Card: Glitter N Sparkle "Embossing" Challenge!!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all!! I hope you all had a wonderful day! For today's post I bring you another great challenge from the Glitter N Sparkle blog. The theme for this week's challenge is "Embossing," so you can either dry or heat emboss; or combine the two to make your project.
Whichever you chose to do, make sure to leave a link to your creations for your chance to be one of three winners to receive a prize from our sponsors.
And, our fabulous sponsors for this week are:
-

-
AND



Our sponsors graciously gave the DT members a chance to play around with their fabulous digis, and the card I'm featuring today uses an image from the Lacy Sunshine shop.

Here's the pic for you to check out:


The adorable image is "Rory loves Unicorns".
I created a "Shadow Box" card using a tutorial I found on my Pinterest board.
Here's the link to the tutorial here:


I used a sheet of patterned paper from a Heidi Swapp "Serendipity" 12" x 12" paper pad as the base.
Next I added a coordinating light pink card stock that I embossed with a Darice embossing folder, and I adhered it to the back to create a background.
I then drew a window, cut it out, colored in the panes, added a window frame, and a lace curtain.
I wanted to recreate the look of a girl's bedroom.
I added a few posters to her wall using three pieces of white card stock I cut down to 1" x 1 1/2".
Finally, I made all the posters in the room using heat embossing for the sentiments, hand drawn elements and unicorn stickers and arranged and adhered them to the background.



For the image, I used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS9, Beige, R20
-Hair- E29, E74, E79
-Clothes- C06, C07, C08, B12, B14, B18, V20, V24, R14, R17, G40, G43
-Unicorn Hat- RV000, RV52

I fussy cut the image out, went around the edges using a black marker, and adhered it to the shadow box.


To finish the card off, I added a few platinum sequins, Recollections flowers, another unicorn sticker and the sentiment.



And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and as always, peace!! :)




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button