Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Pinterest Inspired Card Series: Part Three: Rolled Roses Valentine!!

Hey everyone, happy Saturday to all!! So far it's been a crazy two days in my neck of the woods here in North Carolina. First, we were hit with an ice storm yesterday that caused a power outage. Luckily after three hours, they were able to restore power. My girls were thrilled when the power went down, they built a fort out of blankets, played games and told stories. But after the first hour and half with no power, it started to dawn on them that no electricity stinks. Without video games, computers, and T.V. to keep them entertained, they were struggling to find new ways to keep busy. But I still have to give them an A for effort because it was not an easy thing to go through. 
But, our power is back on, thankfully, and we are hoping it stays that way.
They are expecting some outages today, with everything frozen over and the temp not going above freezing.
So, I'm scrambling to get a couple of posts and videos done if it does happen.
I think I vented enough and now it's time to move on to the card I created.

If you are a follower of my YouTube channel or not, I have been doing a "Pinterest Inspired" Card series.
I have been pinning a ton of stuff lately and it gave me the idea to use some of those pins as inspiration to create cards.
I like to find ideas when I can and looking to your Pinterest boards is a great way to draw inspiration when you're stuck in a creative rut.

The card I'm featuring today is a take on one of those pins, a wall decor project I found that used canvas, patterned paper, and rolled roses.
And here's the pic of the card I made for you to check out:


The card base measures 5 1/2" x 6" and is made using a sheet of white card stock.
I layered a sheet of patterned paper from a Heidi Swapp "Serendipity" 12" x 12" paper pad on top.
The roses I made by hand using scraps of light pink, dark pink, white and grey card stocks from my stash.
I added some pearls and dash lines to finish it off.

And voila!! Card complete!!


The most tedious part of this card is the rolled roses but the effect you get is so worth the effort.
If you would like to see Part One and Part Two in this series, just click the videos below:







I hope you enjoyed this card for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and as always, peace!! :)

I'll be entering this card into the 
Cardz TV Card Challenge #1 
"Valentine's Day Card" 




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button