Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

"Happy, Happy Birthday" Pop Up Box Card!!

Hey everyone, I'm back with a Design Team project using the lovely "Penny" for the Jiggery Makery blog!! The card I'm featuring today is a first for me, a "Pop Up Box" card!! I tried making one of these a year or so ago but it it turned out to be a "hot mess". I don't know where I gathered up the courage from, but I was determined to give this design another go. Luckily I found a great tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers that showed me the way.
I'm glad to say that I accomplished my goal and can now check this card off my "Crafter's Bucket List".
I'm not sure if I will attempt another like this but I had fun making this one.
So without further ado, here's the pic for you check out:


I won't go through the measurements for this box; as I'm aware many of you are experts at this design.
I will say that I used a sheet of DCWV  Burgundy card stock for the base.
To decorate the box, I chose this patterned paper from a ColorBok "Rosewood" paper pad.
I used a variety of stamps from Hero Arts, Inkadinkado & Studio G for the sentiments and embellishments.



I drew the presents by hand, cut them out, colored them and added them to the box.


I used a trick I learned from Jennifer McGuire, where you rub Glossy Accents on your baker's twine to stiffen them up & twist them so that they could be added to the balloons.
Make sure to do this before the Glossy Accents dry, so that whatever design you create with the twine will stay in place.


I used my EK Tools Double-Ended Metallic Pens in "Silver" & "Pink" to color in the candles.
For the flames, I used my R14, 404, & Y13 markers.



Next for the cupcakes, I used my Copic markers in RV000, RV63, RV66, RV69, C04, C05, E70, E74, & E79.



I used my alcohol markers to color "Penny" in.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- TN1, FS9, R20
-Hair- E70, E74, E79
-Dress- RV63, RV66, RV69, C06, C07, C08



As a finishing touch, I added some sparkle using my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Marker and shine with my Glossy Accents.

And ta-da!! Card complete!! 



I hope you enjoyed this project for today, and have inspired you to re-visit old card designs you haven't tried.
Thanks for stopping by; enjoy the rest of your day, and as always, peace!! :)






Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button