Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

"You make my Heart Melt!" Quick and Easy Card!!

Hey Everyone!! It's Elina here with a Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog!!
For my project today, I made a quick and easy card using a digi that was released for the month of July. I used the adorable "Kissing Penguins" digi, which is available for purchase through the Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop.
I kept the design and coloring fairly simple and only used a few supplies to put it all together.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card measures 4" x 5 1/2".
For the card layer, I used a DCWV Striped Mat Stack paper pad.
I cut the paper down to 3 3/4" x 5 1/2" and adhered it to the card base using my tape runner.
The thing I love about this paper pad is that it's double sided, so I used the B side to create the scallops along the bottom.
I then added some stitching lines using my white gel pen and put it aside to work on the image.

I used my alcohol markers to bring these penguins to life.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
-Body- C03, C05, C07
-Beaks and Feet- YR03, 404 (Light Orange Artist's Loft Brand Marker)
Hats and Scarf- Rambunctious Red, TN7, 505 (Green Artist's Loft Brand Marker), C02


I added the striped pattern to the scarf using a fine tip black marker and white gel pen.
I fussy cut the image out and attached it to the card using some foam tape.
I drew the heart melting above their heads, colored it and cut it out.
I used foam tape to attach the heart to the card.

To finish the card off, I printed out the "You make my Heart Melt!" sentiment using the Lucida Handwriting font at 14 points.

And voila! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button