Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Hugs Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Saturday to you all! It's Elina here with another card sketch challenge and project for the Feeling Sketchy blog!
                                             Here's the pic for Card Sketch challenge #127:


Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along. 
Our sponsor for this challenge is: Bugaboo Stamps with a great prize pack for our winner.
So let this sketch inspire you to create a card or layout.
We love seeing all the wonderful projects you create.

With that said, let's get to the pic of the card I made for this challenge.
I went with a different approach using the sketch above; mainly to fit the image I used from Bugaboo stamps.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card base measures 4 1/2" x 6 1/4".
For the image, I printed it on white card stock and used alcohol markers to color it in.
Here's the rundown of the colors I used:
-Flowers- RV14, RV19, Y08, 404, 634, HB3
-Leaves- YG03, 505
-Butterflies and Background- B00, 531, Y03, 404


I layered the image on a sheet of black card stock, marked out my lines to create the grid pattern and cut it out.
Next, I reassembled and attached the pieces on a sheet of white card stock.
I added highlights to the image with a white gel pen and added a few pearls.
I then stamped the sentiment "Hugs" from an Avery Elle stamp set.
I brushed a thin coat of Glossy Accents over the image to mimic the appearance of ceramic tile.

To finish the card off, I used foam tape to adhere the image panel to the card base.

And ta-da!! Card complete!! 


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and Peace!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button