Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge #13!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope your day is off to a great start!! For today's project, I decided to create a card for the Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge
It seems like forever since I entered a challenge and I really miss it.
I wanted to find one that I could complete before the girls got home from school and that didn't take a lot of time to create.
So I came across this challenge from the Newton's Nook Designs blog and thought I would give it a try.
They provided a sketch to base your card on, plus, you have to use one of their images.


I used a freebie digi I downloaded from their blog a few months back to create the card I'm sharing with you all today.
Here's the pic for your perusal:


The card is a standard A2 size light blue cardstock base.
I cut a piece of blue patterned paper to 3 1 /4 x 5 1/2" for my card layer and used my ATG to adhere it down.
I cut a white cardstock piece at 3 x 5 1/4"  to layer on top of the patterned paper.
I used cloud stencils and Tempting Turquoise ink from Stampin Up to create this background for the image.
 To give the clouds some texture, I swirled gesso over the top.
Once the background was dry, I used ATG to attach it to the card base.

For the image, I printed it out twice on white cardstock.
I colored the bird and balloon using my Bic MarkIt  and Copic markers.
Here is a rundown of the colors I used:
- Body- Oceanview Blue, Blue Skies Blue, Deep Sea Blue
- Beak- Summer Melon, YR04, Sunset Orange
- Balloon- YG03, Key Lime, Forest Green

I cut out each of the images, stacked them together and glued them down.
I arranged the images on the cloud background and used foam tape to adhere them down.
I cut a piece of black embroidery floss, tied it around the balloon and attached it to the bird's beak.

For the sentiment, I used the one that's included with this image and cut it into a banner shape.
I layered some blue and green papers behind the sentiment and glued it to the top right corner.
To finish the card off, I added two more banners, a black polymer clay medallion, sequins and rounded the bottom corners.



And ta-da!! card complete!!

 I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button