Hey Everyone!! I hope you had a fantastic weekend!! As for me, my weekend was pretty laid back. We watched a few movies with the girls, my youngest had a Girl Scout ceremony early Saturday, and ate some good old home cooking.
Hubby's cooking to be exact. :)
It was a good weekend all around.
I even found a little time to make a wreath for our front door.
It's not your traditional circular wreath but something a little different.
The inspiration for this piece came from Pinterest.
Here's the pic of the wreath that inspired my creation:
I was in awe when I came across this project over the weekend.
I loved the look of it, the bow at the top, the arrangement with its pumpkins, leaves and straw, just about everything.
Also, I knew this was a look I could recreate using supplies I already had.
It's been ages since I've been to the craft store and I don't have any wreath forms laying around.
A couple things I did have were a 8 x 10" frame and some fall supplies I had left over from last year.
With these in hand, I set to work on a wreath for my front door using the pic above as inspiration.
I think it turned out nice but I'll let you decide that for yourself.
Here's the pic of my interpretation of this beautiful project:
For this project, I used a black frame that I had, removed the backing and glass, used some gesso and paint to give it the look of wood.
I first used some sandpaper to rough up the paint.
I painted two coats of gesso over the top, making sure to allow time for it to dry in between coats.
I used some brown acrylic paint mixed with a little water and sponged it over the top.
I then took a large dry brush to smooth out the paint and give it the look of wood grain.
I set it aside to dry.
To complete the look, I added some grey paint, that I thinned out with water and a dry brush to give it a distressed look.
With the frame complete, it was time to add the embellishments.
I added ivory, brown, yellow and red flowers to the frame.
I also added a few green leaves and a pumpkin to complete the look.
I made a monogram M for our last name out of a couple pieces of cardboard to add to the middle of the frame.
I wrapped it in jute twine to give it a rustic look.
I attached the M to a piece of red grosgrain ribbon and added it to the center using some hot glue.
To finish it off, I added a strip of burlap to the back and a bow at the top.
And ta-da!! wreath complete!!
I hope you enjoyed this project today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)