Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Mixed Media Layout!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" Day to you all!! I'm back with another great Layout Sketch Challenge for the Feeling Sketchy blog.
Here is a pic of Layout Sketch #95:


This sketch is up and running now through July 30th.
Make sure to stop by the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along with us and check out the beautiful LO's the DT members have created.

Here is a pic of the LO I created for this challenge:


For this LO, I layered two sheets of cardstock as my base.
My background paper is a brown patterned paper from a DCWV "Timeless Texture" pack.
I used a 12 x 12" sheet of ivory cardstock from an American Crafts, Dear Lizzy, "5th and Frolic" pack, trimmed down to 11 x 11"as my base layer.
I distressed the edges of the ivory cardstock before adhering it to the brown background. 

To start this page off,  I laid out my photo and embellishments on the ivory paper and marked the placement with a pencil.
I then sponged around the area with a Pink Passion ink pad from Stampin Up.
I stamped an Art Text stamp from Hero Arts in a few places on the LO.
I then brushed on some white paint onto a square of bubble wrap and used it as a stamp to add some texture.
Once I had the background stamped, I set to work on the photo and embellishments.

I trimmed my pic to 3 1/2 x 4 3/4" and layered it on top of two pieces of ivory and Kraft cardstock.
I used a white ink pad and some waffle paper to ink the edges and stamp a pattern onto the photo.
To add some texture and dimension behind the photo, I mod podged a heart doily, added some gauze, some lace and ribbon that I dyed with reinkers.
I also added some linen thread from Stampin Up, wound it around my fingers and used Zip Dry glue to adhere it.
I used my ATG to attach my photo to the background I had created and dressed it up with some Recollections flowers and leaves.


For the upper left corner, I added the other half of the heart doily that I cut earlier and layered two torn strips of cardstock on top.
I used some Tim Holtz Alpha Ransom letters for the title "Baby Girl" and added some highlights to the letters with my white gel pen.
I added some more linen thread, a few die cut hearts and two Tim Holtz Ideaology Trinket Pins
to finish off the left side of my page.

To finish off the page, I used some Heidi Swapp Butterflies, pearls and a bead.

And voila!! layout complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by and Peace!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button