Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

" A Cat's Love": Mixed Media Canvas!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to you all!! I hope your day is off to a great start!! For today's project, I have a wall hanging I created for my daughter's room. It features a wonderful digital stamp I found online from MilkCoffee Stamps. They have an Etsy store with the cutest images you are ever gonna find. The one I chose for this particular project is called "Charlotte with a Little Kitten". I thought this image would be fitting since my daughter is an ailurophile aka Cat Lover. So, with an 8 x 10" canvas in hand, I set to work on creating a one of a kind art piece.

Here are the pics for you to check out:


For the canvas, I covered the entire surface with a sheet of patterned tissue paper I had.
I used some homemade mod podge to adhere it down.
I let it dry and then added some color using light blue and green acrylic paints.
I brushed the color on and soften the look with a baby wipe.
Once I had the colors just right, I set it aside to dry.

I wanted to add some texture and dimension to the background, so I stamped an "Art Text" stamp from Hero Arts, in a light brown ink.
I used some bubble wrap and white acrylic paint to stamp the circle pattern.
And finally, a scroll stamp from Fiskars to round it out.
Once I had the stamping done, I set it aside to dry.

I took a heart doily I had and mod podged it onto the background.
I also adhered a few Tim Holtz Ideaology Trinket Pins to the top and bottom.
I added a few flowers to the bottom and glued some pearls to the centers.
Once I had the base for the background complete, I set to work on the image.

For the image, I printed it out on a sheet of white cardstock and used a combo of Copics and Bic MarkIt markers to color it in.
Here is a list of the colors I used:
Skin- E00, E11, R20
Hair- E13, E15, E18
Shirt- Bic MarkIt markers- Key Lime, Margarita Green
Skirt-  Bic MarkIt- Oceanview Blue, Blue Skies Blue, Deep Sea Blue
Stockings and Shoes- Bic MarkIt- Cloud Nine Grey, Tuxedo Black
Kerchief- Bic MarkIt- Sunset Orange, Oceanview Blue
Cat- Bic MarkIt- Tiki Hut Tan, Tuxedo Black, Sunset Orange

I colored the cat to look like my daughter's cat, which was tricky. 
I wasn't sure I was gonna be able to pull it off but thankfully it worked out.
After the image was colored in, I cut it out and used some foam tape to adhere it.



I added a few die cut red hearts around the image to add a touch of color.
Now, all that was left to do was add my quote to the right hand side.

The quote I chose is from Charles Dickens, "What greater gift than the love of a Cat" and I used chipboard letters and Tim Holtz Ideaology Ransom alphabet to write it out.
I added some white highlights to the letters with my white gel pen.
And to finish this off, I added a few more pearls and some Heidi Swapp Butterflies.



And ta-da!! canvas complete!!


I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)


This post is part of the Party Time Tuesdays blog, where you can find great challenges every Tuesday and inspirational posts from our fellow DT members.
Make sure to stop by the Party Time Tuesdays blog and check it out!! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button