Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #93!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope your day is off to a great start!! I'm back with another great card sketch for the Feeling Sketchy blog.
The card I created is based off of  Card Sketch #93.


This challenge is up and running now through June 30th.
Make sure to pop by the blog: feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com to link up your projects and check out all the great cards the DT members have created.
Don't forget there are some great prize packs for you to win from our sponsors this month: Molossi- $30 Chipboard and Bling Pack and StichyBear Digi Outlet: $15 Digi Stamp Pack.

Here is the card I created based on the sketch:


The card base is made from a sheet of neutral cardstock from a DCWV "A La Creme" pack and it measures 5 3/4 x 8".
To start this card off, I began by stamping and watercoloring this postcard image that I purchased from Ebay.
Unfortunately, I can't remember the company that makes this particular rubber stamp, but I was dying to try this out and thought it would work with this card.
The stamp measures 2 7/8 x 5" so it's a nice size to use on any card.
Once, I had the image colored, I cut it out, inked the edges and distressed them to give it an aged look.
I adhered this piece directly to my card using my ATG.

I attached a piece of light blue cardstock from another DCWV pack to the right hand side of the card.
I also inked the edges and distressed them a bit.
I stamped a postage stamp image, from a Recollections stamp set I had, on the top.
For the sentiment, I printed a custom sentiment from my computer that states:
Missing You
123 Thinking of You Way
Be Back Soon, USA
onto a leftover piece of neutral cardstock.
I inked the edges and attached it to my card base.
All that was left to do now was to color my main image.

For the image, I chose this StichyStamps "Babe".
Here is a list of the colors I used:
-Skin- E00, E11, R20
- Hair- E13, E15, E18
- Swimsuit- Bic MarkIt markers in: Hot Aqua, Fandango Pink, Key Lime

Once, I had the image colored in, I cut it out and used foam tape to attach it to the card base.


To finish off this card, I added some Liquid Pearls, Stickles and rhinestones

And ta-da!! card complete!!


 I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button