I've also been busy working on upcoming projects for the Design Teams I'm on and gearing up to take an Online Card Class, which I'm extremely excited about.
Phew!! I think I might need a vacay soon to recharge my batteries!
Before I go running off to some tropical locale (I wish), let's move on to today's project.
I have a card I created using two digital stamps, some watercoloring, alcohol markers and some sparkle.
Here's the pic for you to peruse:
This is a tall card made out of a sheet of white cardstock and measures 4 1/4 x 10 3/4".
For the images, I used two digital stamp images from Aurora Wings and printed them on white cardstock.
I enlarged the top image and minimized the bottom one.
I wanted to create the illusion of the one image gazing down on the other.
I think I may have achieved just that but I'll leave that up to you to decide.
I used a combo of Copics and Bic MarkIt markers to color these images in.
Here is a list of the colors used:
Top Image: "Autumn Rose"
- Skin- E00, E11, E13, R20
- Hair- E13, E15, E18
- Roses- Bic MarkIt- Rambunctious Red, Tiki Hut Tan
- Leaves- Bic MarkIt- Key Lime, Forest Green
Bottom Image: "StarDancer"
-Skin- E00, E11, R20
- Hair- E13, E15, E18
- Dress- R20, Bic MarkIt- Pink Flamingo
After I had the images colored in, I cut them out and set them aside.
For my card layer, I cut a sheet of watercolor paper to 4 x 10 1/2".
I placed the smaller "StarDancer" image on the paper and traced a rough oval around the image.
I then cut out an oval out of a scrap piece of paper to mask off the area.
I used a light blue watercolor marker to color in the background and dried it with my heat tool.
Once dry, I removed the oval mask and watercolored the white space using a yellow watercolor marker.
Quick Tip: I scribble the marker on an acrylic block and pick up the color with a wet brush.
This is a great way to add color gradually onto your project and build up the color as you go along.
Once I had the space colored in, I dried it with my heat tool, added some Stickles to the paper to make it sparkle and used my ATG gun to attach it to the card base.
All that was left to do was add my images and some embellishments.
For the "Autumn Rose" image, I used some foam tape to attach it to the top of the card.
I angled it slightly, so that it would appear she was looking at something below her.
For the "StarDancer" image, I created a base beneath her to give the illusion of those old jewelry boxes.
You know the ones with the dolls and turnkeys that twirled around when you opened them.
I used a piece of foil tape from Ranger, rounded the corners, colored it using Adirondack Alcohol ink in "Butterscotch", dry embossed a pattern using a stylus and added some jewels.
I taped a piece of gold wire to the back of the foil tape and taped the "StarDancer" image to the wire.
I used Glossy Accents on the box and foam tape on the image to attach it to the card.
To finish off the card, I added some pearls and the sentiment, "Have a Magical Birthday".
And voila!! card complete!!
I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)
This post is part of the Party Time Tuesdays blog, where you can find great challenges evry Tuesday and inspirational posts from our fellow DT members.
Make sure you stop by the blog: partytimetuesdays.blogspot.com and check it out!! :)