Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Handmade Harbour "Having Fun" Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" Day to you all!! I hope your Wednesday is off to a fantabulous start! I'm back with a card I made for the Handmade Harbour blog.
The theme for this week's challenge is "Having Fun" and I had a ball creating this card with all the new crafty goodies I got on Mother's Day!!
 Make sure you stop by the Handmade Harbour blog: handmadeharbour.blogspot.com to play along and check out all the great projects my fellow DT members have created to inspire you.

Here's the pic of the card I made for your perusing pleasure:


The card base is a 5 x 7" sheet of white cardstock.
I used some strips of black and white chevron washi tape as my card layer.
For the image, I printed this "Girls Partying" digi stamp onto a sheet of white cardstock trimmed down to 4 3/4 x 6 1/4".
You can find this image at the Handmade Harbour store under the "New" digi stamp heading and it's #534.
I used a combo of Bic MarkIt and Copic markers to color it in.
I got a set of 6 Copic markers in Skin tones for Mother's Day
Hubby hit it out of the ballpark when he gave me these.
And this was the perfect image for me to try them out on.


Here is a list of the colors I used:
- Skin- E00, E11, R20
- Hair- E13, E15, E18
- Dresses, Purse and Wine- Bic MarkIt in Desert Rose, Petal Pink, Tuxedo Black, Fandango Pink, Cloud Nine Grey
- Party Hats- Hot Aqua and Key Lime

To finish this image off, I used Glossy Accents for the wineglasses, Spica Glitter pens in Lipstick and Black for the shoes, dress and lips.

For the background, I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Faded Jeans.
I added drops of water to the background and it looks like there's flashing lights surrounding these partying divas.
I used a grey color pencil to create a dance floor.
For the sentiment "Celebrate" I used a Studio G stamp set.
Lastly, some foam tape attaches this panel to my card base.


And ta-da!! card complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)







.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button