Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

You're a Treasure Tag!


Hey everyone, happy Tuesday to you all! I hope your day is off to a good start! For today's post, I have a tag to share and a new challenge from the Glitter N Sparkle Challenge blog.
The theme for this week's challenge is "Tag It," so please make sure to share and leave a link to your tag projects for your chance to be one of our winners.

                                       We have some great sponsors lined up for this challenge:


          Here's the pic of the tag I made using the "Book Sitter 2" image from Bugaboo Stamps:


                                         The tag is a standard 2 3/8"x 5 1/4" manila tag.

I used my Distress Stain in the color Walnut, and a Tim Holtz "Eye Chart" to create a subtle background on the tag.
I drew a stack of towering books on a scrap piece of white card stock, colored them in with my alcohol markers, and adhered them to the tag.
                                                                                                               
Next, I moved on to the image, printing him out on a sheet of craft card stock and coloring him using my Copic markers.
                                              
                                                      Here's a list of the colors I used:
                                                     
                                                             -Skin- E13, E15, RV52
                                                              -Hair- C04, C06, C08
                                                          -Shirt & Shoes - R17, R27 
                                                                  -Pants- B14, B18


              Once I had the image all colored in, I fussy cut him out and added him to the tag.

To add some shading on the tag and images, I used my Dark Brown Recollections water color marker to go around the edges of the tag and images.

 I stamped the "Treasure" sentiment on top of the books using my Staz On ink.
                      Then, I added the "You are a" sentiment using my 100 Black Copic marker.

                                                              And voila! Tag complete!

 
                                               I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!
                                   Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your evening!



                                                      
                                                      
                                                        Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


                          


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button