Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Spooky Owls Card: Altering Your Clear Stamps!!

Hey everyone and happy "Hump Day" to you all!! For today's post, I have another Halloween card to share with you, featuring the Two Paper Divas stamp sets. One way to stretch your stamp dollars is to alter the ones you have in your stash and use a combination of images from different stamp sets to create something new.
This is a technique I use quite often in my craft room, and it's a good way to get your mojo going.
I used the Hooters and Halloween Silhouettes stamp sets to make a spooky scene; just perfect for this time of year.
I altered the owl images to give them a menacing look, and added a few extra details to amp up the creepy factor.
There will be a tutorial on how I alter these stamps up on YouTube sometime tomorrow, so be on the lookout for that.
                                        Without further ado, here's the pic for you to check out:


The card is a 4" circle card using black card stock as the card base.
For the image panel, I used a die cut 3 1/2" white card stock circle and stamped the owls using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
I drew in the rest of the tree to create a seamless image.
I colored in the owls, tree, background and moon using my alcohol markers.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Owls- C01, C02, C03, C04, 404, Cinnamon, Y00, Y13, G40, G43
-Tree- 732, E79, G28, G46
-Background- B29, B39
-Moon- Y00, C01, C02


I drew in the mouse and mouse's tail hanging from the beaks of the owls.
I used my 732, E79, E70, R20 markers to color them in.
Next, I stamped the bat silhouettes from the Halloween Silhouettes set to fill in the background.

To finish the card off, I added some stars using my white gel pen and layered it on a white card stock circle.
I then adhered it to the card base using foam tape.
Lastly, for the sentiment "Who's There?", I used an epoxy sticker I found in my stash.

And ta-da!! Card complete!!


                                


                                                       I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
                            Make sure to head over to the Two Paper Divas blog, to check out all the Halloween                                                      cards being featured using their awesome stamp sets.
                                       Thanks for stopping by; enjoy the rest of your day and peace!! :)


                                  Please head over to my YouTube channel for more details on this project.







                                                             Post edited by: Shyann Martinez




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button