Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

Get Your Witchy On: Tess the Witch Card!!

        Hey everyone, it's Elina here with a Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog! I created a simple Halloween card featuring one of Adele's beautiful images, Tess the Witch. If you've been following my blog, you'll know that this image was the first one I featured when I became a Jiggery Makery DT member. It was nice to be able to work with "Tess" again. I decided to revisit that first card and change it up a bit.
If you would like to check out the original card, just click the link: Tess the Witch Card!!.
                                   And here's the pic of the revamped card for you to check out:


The card measures 5 1/4" x 6 1/2," with a sheet of black card stock as the card base.
I cut a sheet of white card stock to 5" x 6 1/4" and inked the background using "Night of Navy" and "Elegant Eggplant" Stampin Up ink pads.
These two colors are perfect for creating a night sky.
For the moon, I punched out a 2" circle to mask it off before inking.
Next, I wanted to create a tree line along the bottom, and, to achieve this I used my C07, and C08 markers to draw in some simple tree shapes.
I added a few highlights to the tree tops using a white gel pen.

Once the background was dry, I removed the mask to work on the moon.
First I went around it with a pigment white ink pad to add a ghoulish glow.
I then colored in the right side of the moon using my C0 and C02 markers, adding craters.
I colored in the entire circle using my Y00 marker and 0 colorless blender. I then added Crystal Stickles to the entire surface to make it sparkle.
After that, I adhered it to the card front using my tape runner.
I colored Tess in using my alcohol markers.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS9, Dusky Pink, R20
-Hair- E70, E74, E79
-Dress- V20, V22, V25
-Hat- C04, C06, C08
-Broomstick- Y00, Y13, Y15, E70, E74, E79


I added a decorative swirl pattern to the dress using my Spica Black Glitter pen.
I fussy cut the image out and adhered her to the card front using foam tape.


To finish the card off, I found this sassy sentiment, "Get Your Witchy On" on Pinterest.
I thought this was the perfect sentiment to go along with this image and here's the link for you to check out:
I typed it out on my computer, cut the words apart and arranged them on the card front.


And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Don't forget to click this link, Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop, if you would like to purchase the image featured today.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and peace!! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button