Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A "Sweet" Card plus Two Paper Divas October Stamp release Day Two!!

Hey Everyone, happy Tuesday to you all!! I wanted to share a card I created using the newest stamp set  from the Two Paper DivasTruffle Treats.
Today marks the second day of their second day of their October release.
So really quickly here's a list of the newest sets:

The sets are a great mix of fun images and sentiments, so make sure to head to the Two Paper Divas blog to check them out.
With that said, let's move on to today's card.

Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card measures 4" x 5 1/2" and is a top folding card.
For the card layer I cut a piece of striped paper at 3 7/8" x 5 3/8" and attached it to the card front using my tape runner.
I used my Cricut Explore machine to cut this top note design out of a sheet of red patterned paper.
It measures roughly 3 3/4" x 5 1/4".
I cut another top note out of white card stock about 1/4" smaller.
I  then layered the two pieces together and attached them to the card.

Next, I stamped the small truffle image from the set on white card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
I created a "Truffle Tower" using a masking technique.
I needed a platter for my truffles so I drew one; trying my best to mimic the look of an ornate glass platter.
I then went in with my fine tip black marker to darken the lines and added shading using my B00 marker.
For the truffles I colored them using my alcohol markers.
Here's the colors I used:
TN7, TN8, E29, E70, E79, E97, E99, Y00, R17, R27, RV69, G94, G99, 0



I added a highlight to each truffle using my white gel pen.
I then coated the truffles and platter using my Glossy Accents.
For the truffle toppings I used my Crystal Stickles to give them a different texture.
I set them aside to dry completely before fussy cutting them out.

I used foam squares to attach it to the card front and added the sentiment "Just for You," from the stamp set.
I cut the sentiment into a small tag shape and attached it to the platter using brown baker's twine.
I used my E70 and E79 markers to draw in a tabletop for my platter to rest on.
And as a final touch, I added a few sequins in coordinating colors.

And voila!! Card complete!!



I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Check back in with me tomorrow where I will be showcasing another project featuring the "Snowman," set.
Thanks for stopping by; enjoy the rest of your evening, and peace!! :)





Post edited by: Shyann Martinez



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button