Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Travel Journal Altered Notebook Project!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and that your week is off to a great start!! I'm back with another Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery Blog. For my project today, I decided to alter a notebook using some Graphic 45 "By The Sea" paper pack and the newest digi from Adele's etsy shop, "Valerie". I love the vintage 50's inspired digis that Adele has been creating as of late. This newest image is perfect for creating summer inspired projects for the home or as a focal point on a card. The possibilities are endless.
I decided to do a Travel Journal.
 I got the idea from a recent conversation I had with hubby regarding the places we would most like to visit.
I thought it would be cool to put down our favorite destinations, complete with pics, info and fun facts.
I was able to complete the cover front and back, but this is one project I will continue to work on from time to time.
Here's the pics for you to check out:


I used a composition book for this project.
I used this blue patterned paper from the Graphic 45 pack to cover the front.
I trimmed the edges to fit the cover and inked them with some dark brown ink.
I added some coordinating patterned paper strips along the spine and across the bottom.
I used two of the cut apart cards from the collection, punched a hole along the top and added some twine to create tags.
I inked the edges, distressed them and used some glue dots to attach them to the notebook.

To embellish the cover, I added some white tulle, seashells and pearls.
For the title, "Travel Journal", I used alpha stickers and 7 Gypsies Typeset Metal Alphas.
With the cover complete, I set to work on the image.

I used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink, CR3
-Hair- Tan, Cinnamon, Spice
-Shorts- Artist's Loft Dual Tip Markers in #531, #302

                              

I fussy cut the image out and went around the edges using a fine tip brown marker.
I paper pieced the top, sunglasses and heels.
I added shading to the paper pieced pieces with my C02 marker.
I drew some stitch lines on the shorts and added Glossy Accents to the sunglasses, heels and lips.
I used pop dots to attach her to the background.

For the inside back cover, I used a red patterned paper from the paper pack and added a pocket using some coordinating paper.
I made two tags for the inside of the pocket using the cut apart cards from the collection.
One side is for journaling and the other is for photos.
I added some stamps I cut from one of the patterned papers, inked the edges and adhered them along the top.
I added some DCWV "Vacation" sticker quotes along the bottom of the pocket.


And voila!! Journal complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)



Please make sure to visit Adele's Etsy shop by clicking the link: www.etsy.com/shop/JiggeryMakery. if you would like to purchase the digi featured in today's project.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button