Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Quick and Easy Tag Plus Altered Clothespins!!

Hey Everyone!! It's Elina here with a few quick and easy projects I created for the Two Paper Divas blog. These projects feature the newest stamp sets to be released for the month of April from the Two Paper Divas store. These stamp sets offer some great images and sentiments for you to use on all your paper crafting projects. When it came time to create the projects featured today, it was hard for me to choose which set to use. So for the tag, I opted to use elements from three of the sets to create a scene.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


I used the flower and vase from the "Life's Simple Pleasures" set.
The flip flops are from the "Life Is Better in Flip Flops" set and the bees are from the "Bee Happy" set.
To create the scene, I first adhered a blue polka dot paper and green check pattern paper from the Recollections "Bold Basics" pack.
I inked the edges with a dark brown ink and added stitching lines with my white gel pen.
For the vase, I stamped it on a sheet of white card stock and fussy cut it out.
I used my BG1 marker to add a highlight around the vase.
I also used this same marker to color in the bottom.
I stamped the flowers on three sheets of patterned paper, fussy cut them out and set them aside.
I adhered the vase to the tag and arranged the flowers.
To give it dimension, I added Glossy Accents to the vase and flower centers.

For the flip flops, I stamped them on floral and pink polka dot patterned papers.
I cut the flip flops out from the floral paper and paper pieced the thongs from the pink polka dot paper.
I used a pop dot to adhere them to the tag.
For the bees, I stamped them on white card stock, colored them in and cut them out.
I glued them to the tag along with a few sequins.
I used the sentiment, "Enjoy life's Simple Pleasures" from the "Life's Simple Pleasures" set and stamped it on white card stock.
I cut the words apart and arranged them on the tag.


To finish it off, I added this WeRMemory Keepers pinwheel ribbon.


When I was finished with the tag, I wanted to create another project featuring the flip flops image.
I decided to go with altered clothespins.
These would make a great Teacher's gift, or used on a card or layout.
I thought these would be perfect to use to make a banner.
Just string a few together on some twine and use them to hold your banner sentiment.
For my clothespins,I used some coordinating patterned papers from the Recollections "Bold Basics" paper pack.
I paper pieced the different elements of the flip flops, to create a unique look for each one.
I gessoed the clothespins and then added a strip of patterned paper.
I then adhered the flip flops to the clothespins and added them to a piece of cardboard to display them.


And voila!! Projects complete!!

I hope you enjoyed these projects for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!!


Please make sure to head over to the Two Paper Divas store by clicking the link: twopaperdivas.com, if you would like to purchase the stamp sets featured in today's project.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button