Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #119!!

Hey Everyone!!  Happy " Hump " Day to you all! I hope your Wednesday is off to a fabulous start. I'm back with another great Card Sketch challenge for the Feeling Sketchy blog. 
Here's the pic for Card Sketch #119:



Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out the wonderful cards created by the DT members.
Our sponsor for this challenge is: Lacy Sunshine and they have a great prize pack for you to win.

With that said, here's the card I created based on this sketch:


The card base is 3 3/4 × 5 1/2" top folding card.
I added a sheet of DCWV "Striped Mat Pack" card stock in this light blue stripe as my card layer.
I cut it down to 3 1/2 × 5 1/2, inked the edges with grey ink and used my ATG to adhere it to the base.
I added some stitching lines with my white gel pen and then set it aside to work on the image.

I used this adorable stork digi from our sponsor Lacy Sunshine as the focal point of this card.
I used my alcohol markers to color him in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Body- C01, C02, C03, RV14 
-Beak and Legs- Summer Melon, Sunset Orange 
-Hat- C01, C03,  C07 
-Bundle- #302, #531


I fussy cut the image, went around the edges using a fine tip brown marker and adhered it to the card.

To finish the card off, I wrapped some green embroidery floss across the front, added the "Congratulations" sentiment and some brads.

And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and Peace!! :)















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button