Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

"Put some Ribbon on It" Handmade Harbour Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" Day!! I hope your day is off to a great start!! My day is starting off pretty well. I have some great news to share with you all today. I am the newest member of the Handmade Harbour Design Team!! I'm really honored to be a part of this wonderful group of talented designers.
For today's post, I have my first card as a DT member for the new"Put some Ribbon on It" Challenge.
This challenge is going on now, so make sure you head over to the handmadeharbour.blogspot.com and check out what the other DT members have created.
My card features this cute " Emily the Birthday Princess" image from the Handmade Harbour store: www.handmadeharbour.co.uk/‎.
You can find this cute image in the "For Children" section and the image number is #098.
I think this card came out very nice but I'll let you decide.
Here's the pic for your perusal:



                                                              I used a standard A2 size card as the base.
 I then layered a sheet of pink patterned paper from a ColorBok "Delilah" pack cut down @ 4  x 5 1/4".
 I printed my image onto a sheet of white cardstock and trimmed it down to 2 3/4 x 4 3/4".
I colored in the image using my Bic MarkIt markers and a few colored pencils.
(For a list of the colors I used, scroll down to the bottom of this post.)

I wanted to add a few embellishments to make this image come alive.
I used a white gel pen to add some highlights on the shoes, button and crown.
I also added some polka dots to the present she's holding.
I used my Copic Spica glitter pens in Clear and Pitch Black to add sparkle to the words "princess", "birthday girl". and the flowers on her shoes.
I wanted to add some ribbon to the bottom of the crown, so I cut slits on either side of the crown,threaded the ribbon through and used scotch tape to hold it in place.
To finish off the image, I added some Recollections pearls to the crown, the dress and on the corners of the image.
I used foam tape to attach my image to a piece of  ivory cardstock cut @ 2 7/8 x 4 7/8".
I added some more pink ribbon tied in a bow to the side of the card and stamped my sentiment "Make a Wish"  from a Studio G set
I notched the end at an angle and used foam tape to attach it to my card.

And voila!! card complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
I'll end this post here for now and hope you enjoy the rest of your day!! 
Peace!! :)



The colors I used for the image are as follows:

-Skin/Cheeks- Apricot, Peach, Light Brown and Light Pink Colored Pencils

-Hair- Bic MarkIt markers in: Tiki Hut Tan, Honey Brown and Woodsy Brown

-Dress- Bic MarkIt markers in: Fandango Pink and Pink Flamingo

-Accents on the Dress/Socks- Light Blue Colored Pencil

-Shoes- Bic MarkIt markers in: Tuxedo Black and Cloud Nine Grey

-Badge/Crown- Bic MarkIt markers in: Yellow Blaze and Tiki Hut Tan

-Present- Bic MarkIt markers in: Oceanview Blue, Blue Skies Blue, Margarita Green and Key Lime Green

-Flowers on the shoes- Bic MarkIt markers in: Fandango Pink, Pink Flamingo, Summer Melon and Sunset Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button