Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #82!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F!! Yeah so happy that it's finally here!! I have been so busy this week working on a Mardi Gras float for my daughter's school parade today. I have been cutting stuff out on the Cricut to decorate and my daughter and hubby have been busy painting. We finally wrapped everything up last night by adding beads and a few finishing touches. I hope to have a few pics up over the weekend to share with you all. For today's post,  I have another card to share with you all for the Feeling Sketchy Design Team.
I created this card using Card Sketch #82 which is up and running now through March 14.


This month's sponsors are Molossi and Trinket Track and they have some great prizes for you to win.
Make sure you head over to the Feeling Sketchy Blog: feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com to play along and check out what the other DT members have created.

Here's the pic of the card I made:



                                                      This is a standard A2 size card.
I cut a sheet of white cardstock @ 4 x 5 1/4" to use as a layer for my card base.
I took a sheet of vellum paper and cut six 1" strips to mimic the pattern found on the sketch.
I used a variety of stamps from Hero Arts, Studio G and Inkadinkado to create the patterns on the vellum.
I inked the stamps in VersaMark ink, used Antique Ivory embossing powder from Stampin Up and heat set it.

*Quick Tip: Make sure to heat up your heat gun before using it on your vellum to prevent warping*.

Once I had all my strips embossed, I turned them over and used my Bic MarkIt markers to color the backs of the strips and make the embossed images pop.
I used the colors Pink Flamingo, Peach Parfait and Summer Melon.
I layered the vellum strips onto the front of my card and used my ATG gun to attach it.

For the front of my card, I created a necklace using a 1 1/2" Metal Edge Tag from Stampin Up.
I covered the center of the tag with a 1" circle of vellum that I colored in Peach Parfait and used a 1/8" hole punch to punch a hole near the top.
I added a watering can charm I found and some brown jute cording.
I wrapped the cord around the card layer a few times and used tape to hold it in place.
A few pearls from Recollections adds a little bling.

And voila! the card is complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
I look forward to seeing what you create with this sketch.
Enjoy the rest of your T.G.I.F and Peace!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button