Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

"Queen of the Sea" card plus a new Challenge!

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend! For today's post, I'm sharing a card I made for the latest Glitter N' Sparkle challenge! The theme this week is "Anything Goes," and as always we have some great sponsors lined up:
                                                            
                                                                  -Sparkle N Sprinkle
                                              
                                                              - The Stamping Boutique
                                                         

                                                                      -Lacy Sunshine
                                                         

                                         So, please make sure to head over to the GN'S blog to play along.

           Here's the pic of the card I made using the "Sea Lady" image from Sparkle N Sprinkle:

 The card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and uses a sheet of white card stock as the base. The card layer is a sheet of light blue card stock that I trimmed to 4" x 5 1.4," and stamped to create a patterned background.
                                             
                     After I put the two layers together, I set the card aside to begin work on the image.

                                                      Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
                                                                
                                                                -Skin- E00, E11, R20
                                   -Shells- Y00, Y13, Y15, RV000, RV52, V20, V25, E95, E70
                      -Dolphins, Starfish, Seahorses- 0, C01, C02, C04, B00, B18, RV66, RV69

 
Once I had all the coloring complete, I added some sparkle using my Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush Pen.

I used a stencil to cut the image panel into the shape you see here. Next, I added it to a scrap piece of white card stock and trimmed it into the shape leaving an 1/8" border all the way around. I then attached it to some dark blue card stock using pop dots.

To add a few finishing touches, I added some platinum sequins, hyacinth flowers from Prima, and a twine bow.

                                                              And ta-da! Card Complete!
                                                    I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
                                 Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your evening! :)



 Post edited by: Shyann Martinez



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button