Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

"Best Wishes" Birthday Card featurinng Juliette!!

Hey everyone, I'm back again with another design team project for the Jiggery Makery blog.
For today's project, I created a birthday card featuring the sassy "Juliette" image from the etsy shop.

Here's a pic for you to check out:


The card measures 5 1/4" x 6 1/4" and uses a sheet of white card stock as the base.
I trimmed a sheet of black card stock to 5 1/8" x 6 1/8" and adhered it to the card base as my first layer.  Next, I trimmed a sheet of light blue card stock to 4 7/8" x 5 7/8," stamped a harlequin text stamp from Hampton Art, and used my tape runner to attach it.
I then set the card aside to begin work on the image.

I colored her in using my alcohol markers, and here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:

- Skin- E00, E11, R20
- Hair- E13, E18, E29
- Box & Bow- B00, B14, G43, G94


I trimmed the image panel down to 4 1/8" x 5 1/8." Next, I used my C01 & C03 Copic markers to color the bottom, and my B00 marker to add a shadow around the image. I added polka dots to the box using my white gel pen, and my Wink of Stella pen to add shimmer to the ribbon. 
To finish the card off, I stamped the "Best Wishes," sentiment from an Inkadinkado set on a scrap piece of white card stock.
I cut the sentiment into a banner shape and adhered it to the image panel.
Finally, I used op dots to adhere the panel to the card base.

And ta-da! Card complete!


 I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your evening!




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button