Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

"Sending My Thanks" Card and a Farewell!!

Hi everyone, I hope your enjoying your evening!! It's that time again for another card sketch challenge from the Feeling Sketchy blog! 
Here's the pic of  Card Sketch #140:

 Make sure to stop by the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out all the wonderful projects created by the Design Team.
Our sponsor for this challenge is: Bugaboo Stamps

The card I am featuring today uses an image from the Bugaboo Stamps shop.
Here's the pic for you to check out:

               
            

The card measures 4 1/8" x 10" and is made from a sheet of craft card stock.
For the card layer, I used a patterned paper from a Recollections 8 1/2" x 11" paper pad.
I trimmed it down to 3 3/4" x 10" and adhered it to the card base using my tape runner.
For the diamonds, I used a patterned paper from the same paper pad, cut squares measuring 3 1/4" x 3 1/4", backed it on white card stock and attached them to the card front.
I added dash lines along the top, bottom and around each diamond with my white gel pen.
With the card base complete, I set it aside to work on the images.

I used this trio of floral images from the Bugaboo Stamps shop.
I used  my alcohol markers to color them in and here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Flowers-  RV63, RV55, RV66, C01, G46, G28
-Background- Hobby Lobby Brand markers in 62 & 66
-Butterflies- 404, Y15, Y13



I added dots to the background using my white gel pen and some sparkle using my Wink of Stella.
Next I fussy cut the images out, backed them on white card stock and attached them using foam tape.

I added patterned paper to the inside of the card, opting to use the same paper I used for the front.
I cut it down to the same size as the card layer and added dash lines. 
For the sentiment, I used the "Sending You" Avery Elle stamp set and heat embossed it using my white embossing  powder and VersaMark ink.


                                    As a final touch I added a few pearls to the card front.

                                                   And ta-da!! Card complete!! :)
            
 I hope you enjoyed this card for today.
This is my final card as a member of the Feeling Sketchy Design Team.
This was my very first DT and I have learned a lot and am proud to say I was a part of such a fabulous group of designers.
 I had a lot of fun over the past couple of years and this is a wonderful team to be a part of.
I wish them all the best and much success.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your evening!! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button