Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Baby, Break-In & Back to Blogging!

Hey everyone, happy "Hump" day to you all!  I hope your Wednesday is off to a great start. Today's post will be a little different and one I have been meaning to write. If you're a follower of my blog, you know that for the past couple of  weeks I have been M.I.A from the blogging world. This was not an intentional or planned leave of absence but a result of circumstances that were beyond my control.
My story begins when I took a trip back home to meet my 1 month old niece. And can I just gush for a second here, but she is absolutely Gorgeous and so tiny!  She only weighed 6lbs & 4oz when she was born. When I got to hold her for the first time, it was pretty emotional experience for me, as a whole. This was my youngest sister's baby I was holding, I used to help my mom care for her. So it was kinda of a full circle moment.

I was only home for few days but I made sure to make the most of my time. I snapped plenty of pics, held my little niece as much as I could, and bought her adorable outfits. It was wonderful trip for all of us. We left for home early Sunday morning so that the girls could get ready for school the next day. We were all pretty tired by the time we pulled into the driveway, when my husband noticed that the door to our gate was open. We have a fence surrounding our backyard to keep the dog from getting out. Now before we left, I made sure that everything was locked up pretty tight, so seeing that gate open indicated something was afoul. Hubby got out of the car first to make sure everything was okay.
After he went in to the house,  I got out with my youngest and proceeded to walk to the backyard when I hear hubby calling me around front. When I meet up with him, he looks upset and is pacing back and forth. What he tells me next is every homeowner's worst nightmare, we were robbed!

He tells me that the house has been ransacked and instructs me to stay in the car with the girls.
He then calls the police and we proceed to break the news to our kids.
I won't go into what was stolen, but the police searched the house, asked us questions, and dusted for fingerprints. Apparently, our back door was kicked in, which is how they gained entry and the house was a total mess.
There is no worse feeling than to have your personal space violated.
Long story short, we have since replaced the items that were stolen and we have also placed security features around our home. We now have motion sensor lights, video cameras, and heavy duty locks and bars on our doors.
What I think they took from us that can't be replaced is the sense of security.

My modem was destroyed during the robbery which meant no Wi-Fi or internet connection for a little over a week. So all of the cards, videos and projects I had planned when I got back have been pushed back. So now I'm trying to play catch up which has been overwhelming.
So that's it, I finally get the chance to tell my story and explain my absence.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding, I appreciate each and everyone one of you.

                                         Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button